Ok y’all, life is busy and fast…who has time to make, knead and roll out dough….because at the end of the day, the smooth Butter Bourbon Pecan’s topping these little suckers is really what matters…So, here’s a quick recipe that is sure to become a family favorite and possibly might even impress your Mother in Law….
1 can of cinnamon rolls – Jumbo is fine.
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup chopped pecan pieces
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
2 tablespoons of Bourbon
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 medium cast iron skillet
Before making sauce, rub butter around the edges and bottom of your favorite cast iron skillet. This will prevent rolls from sticking.
(Word to the wise: Have all ingredients pre-measured and sitting by the stove)
Preheat oven to 375.
- Place the 1/2 cup of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the brown sugar and the corn syrup. Stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture starts bubbling.
- Stir in the heavy cream followed by the bourbon and the vanilla extract.
- Stir in pecans and simmer on low the mixture for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the butter-pecan-bourbon mixture into the bottom of your -pre-buttered- cast iron skillet.
- Place the store bought cinnamon rolls on top of the butter-pecan-bourbon mixture and place into the preheated oven @ 375.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and invert onto a serving platter. This part is messy so get ready.
Serve while warm and gooey and maybe even chase with a pour of Doc’s favorite Butter Pecan Bourbon Cream.